As part of our longstanding commitment to the communities we serve, The Cardiovascular Care Group is proud to offer FREE Vascular Disease Screenings for at-risk individuals. This community service initiative was developed as a preventative approach to vascular disease allowing patients to be screened for the following vascular conditions:
- Carotid Artery Disease – A primary cause of preventable strokes
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms – Ruptured aneurysms cause death in up to 90% of cases
- Extremity Artery Disease (PAD) – Affects up to 12 million Americans, especially those over 50
Early stages of these diseases often have no symptoms, and by the time symptoms appear, the diseases may have reached advanced stages that are very hard to treat or are associated with high mortality.
Should you be Screened?
Patients who are at high risk for vascular disease are eligible for a free screening once every five years. The program accepts:
- Patients who are not currently being treated for vascular disease
- Patients who are 60 and older
- Patients who are 50 and older who have certain risk factors, such as:
- Family history of vascular disease (including stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, kidney failure, sudden cardiac death, or abdominal aortic aneurysms) or
- High cholesterol
- Patients who are 40 and older with diabetes
About the Screening
During the free screening appointment, standard procedures are used to screen three potential diseases (Carotid Artery Disease, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms, and Extremity Artery Disease). The screening lasts approximately 20 minutes and results will be mailed to the patient and their primary care physician within two weeks of the visit.
We are currently setting up appointments in the following offices:
To schedule your free screening appointment, please call 973-759-6333.
For directions to one the these locations see our contact us page.