Preventing Falls in Our Procedure Suite
While you are a patient here at The Cardiovascular Care Group, we ask that you comply with the following:
- Ask for assistance. We will provide you with a Call Bell to activate if you need something.
- Apply the skid-free socks we have provided for you
- Let us know if you would like to use the bathroom
- Do not attempt to get up from the stretcher without our assistance
- We will have the sides of the stretcher up for your safety, please ask for assistance if you would like to lower one of the sides
Patients who are having a vascular procedure at The Cardiovascular Care Group may receive an intravenous medication to help them relax during their procedure. The medication will be administered through the intravenous line and the patient’s vital signs will be monitored closely throughout the procedure. Once the procedure is over, you may feel groggy or sleepy. Please relax and follow the instructions provided by the Care Team to ensure we maintain a safe and caring environment throughout your stay.
PATIENT SAFETY Is Our Priority
Every member of The Cardiovascular Care Group Team takes great pride in ensuring each of our patients and their family and/or caregivers are treated in a safe and caring environment
Taking Positive Steps in Your Home
We want to ensure you have a safe environment at home after your vascular procedure. We have provided the following recommendations for you to consider following at HOME.
- Remove area or throw rugs or secure them with non-skid pads
- Keep the floor clear of clutter
- Use or install a handrail when climbing steps or in the bathroom
- Place non-slip strips in the bathtub/shower
- Maintain adequate and easily accessible lighting in each room
- Use nightlights to see in the dark
- Keep a lamp and phone by your bedside
- Wear properly fitting shoes with non-skid soles
- Never stand on a chair to reach something
- Never leave an extension cord exposed