Michael A. Pontoriero, MD, FACS joined the practice in 1993. Dr. Pontoriero is board certified in both Cardiovascular and General Surgery. His area of expertise includes thoracic, aortic and carotid surgery, and lower extremity arterial reconstructions. Dr. Pontoriero is also an accomplished dialysis access surgeon. For several years, he has been recognized in NJ’s Top Doctor magazine by his medical colleagues. He is currently the director of the New Jersey Society of Thoracic Surgery.
Dr. Pontoriero has been Chief of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery at Clara Maass Medical Center (Barnabas Healthcare System) for many years, as well as a past President of the Medical Staff (2007-8).
- Fordham College of New York, B.S., Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, General Surgery
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, UMDNJ
Dr. Pontoriero is married with two daughters. He is a retired Major in the U.S. Army Reserves. Dr. Pontoriero is an active member of his Roman Catholic parish, and in his spare time enjoys running, reading, and traveling.Review Dr. Pontoriero